Aesthetically carved out in the North-West corner of CHINMAYA VIJAYA, this hexagonal building has six individual units each consisting of a small sitting room, a pantry and a bedroom with attached bathroom known as BRAHMA VRINDA for the happy recline of aged persons gone into recluse for various reasons.
This is a compensatory self-sustenance measure for CHINMAYA VIJAYA and so it is paid facility available for the elderly operational on the lines of any other Old Age Home.
All the facilities and amenities that are imminently needed for an elderly person at the turn of his / her age are available in a beautifully architechtured Unit for comfortable living for two.
- Hygienic food is supplied in the Unit for the inmates from CHINMAYA VIJAYA pantry;
- The units are daily cleaned and maintained by caretakers;
- The inmates can have their own servant or on request Chinmaya Vijaya will provide a caretaker;
- In case of any medical needs, likewise the children of Chinmaya Vijaya, they are taken to NRI General Hospital where all superspecialty services are also available for medical advice, treatment and admission if needed;
- Birthdays and other important personal days are celebrated among the children and staff of Chinmaya Vijaya.
- Their kith and kin are permitted to visit occasionally to give them the much needed succor;
It is, in fact, a privilege to have children around at this advanced age and Chinmaya Vijaya has 109 such children like blossoming flowers that bring a happy smile on those withdrawn visages by their silly acts, deeds and questioning. The elderly occupants share their joy with them on all occasions.
It is a boon for the children of CHINMAYA VIJAYA to have such elderly persons that have many an achievement and laurels in their bright yester years and prime life which they share with the children and appropriately guide them in everyway on personality development towards a successful Life and Career ahead. Dr Sharad Srikhande a renowned mathematician came back from USA after a long career now occupies one of the units and teaches mathematics to the children.